As part of the work I’m doing with the mEducation Alliance around mobile technologies and youth workforce development (mYWD), we’re putting together an event focused on innovation in the mYWD space on October 15 from 9-12.30 EDT.
Some of the topics we’ll be looking at include:
- How do workforce development programs address different forms of exclusion? And how do different forms of exclusion affect approaches to youth and workforce development programming?
- What do innovation and ‘disruption’ mean in the context of mobile technologies and youth workforce development? What are some different frameworks for thinking about innovation?
- What role might mobile technologies play in increasing access to information and work/entrepreneurial opportunities for young people?
- Where are there opportunities for innovation with mobile technologies in YWD? What are some examples? What are some precautions?
- What can mYWD learn from other areas/sectors? What can be adapted and built upon?
Philip Auerswald (The Coming Prosperity: How Entrepreneurs are Transforming the Global Economy and the Innovations: Technology, Globalization, Governance Journal), Nick Martin (Tech Change), John Zoltner (FHI360), and a host of development and technology practitioners working in mobiles and youth workforce development (mYWD) and related fields will be joining.
From the event preparation research and the discussions, we’ll assemble a short publication to share, and (if all goes well!) we’ll do some short videos exploring what innovation means to different people working in this space.
If you’d like to join the meeting, RSVP now by emailing Matthew French at MFrench [at] jbsinternational [dot] com. In person space is limited, so hurry! The event will take place at FHI 360 Conference Center, 1825 Connecticut Avenue NW 8th Floor, Washington, DC 20009 (Map)
If you are not able to participate in person, contact Matthew by October 11 for details on joining the session online.